Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Whistling Ducks

Acting on a tip from a local birder I returned to the Botanical Gardens to see if I could find the Whistling Ducks. Sure enough they were there. Over 30 Lesser Whistling Ducks and 2 Wandering Whistling Ducks were being fed my some locals making it easy to study them and differentiate the two species.

Wandering Whistling Duck:


Lesser Whistling Duck:

They sound pretty cool when they sing/call:



And another Yellow Bittern:

The ducks bring my Singapore list to a respectable 100 on my 15th day. Within 15 days in Denmark (last August/September) I had seen 119 species but that does include a trip to Sweden. I hope to catch up by the end of the 4 day weekend coming up (Chinese New Year)!

2 comments:

  1. I live in Singapore and also post to Cornell's ebird. I get their emails alerts on birds seen in Singapore and have enjoyed following your submissions of late. Thanks for submitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment!
    I've been trying to promote the program in Singapore so it's good to know that some locals are using and it's not just visitors.

    ReplyDelete