Sunday 10 March 2013

Blackbird Invasion

A huge push if migrants last night meant that Red-winged Blackbirds were very common today throughout Waterloo.
As soon as I stepped out the door I noticed two flying overhead!

Not long after that I was looking at my first Killdeer and Common Grackles for the year!


The highlights though were a probable Oregon Junco - which I hope to re-find and take some photos of next weekend, and this male Hooded Merganser in a large puddle:


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A GRAY HERON was found this morning in Newfoundland:
https://groups.google.com/group/nf.birds/topics?hl=en


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Don't forget to try out the bird song quiz below if you haven't already!