Saturday 20 April 2013

Long Point!

My last exam of my undergrad degree was yesterday, so now I can enjoy spring migration without any stress about school.

An early Solitary Sandpiper at Columbia Lake was the last interesting bird I found in Waterloo before heading South:

At Long Point it didn't take long before I added several year birds.
Pine Warblers were low to the ground finding whatever food they could find in this cold weather:

This Junco at Long Point Prov. Park was looking a little orangey/brown... but my opinion is still that it's all just variation in Slate-coloreds:



Over the next 10 days I'll be at Long Point banding birds, then off to Pelee for a few days of guiding, and then up North for a few more weeks of birding ;)

The rest of the summer is wide open, and will surely include some interesting birding adventures :)