Wednesday 22 June 2011

Waterloo

I haven't been doing much birding lately, and the little I've been doing has been almost entirely distracted by butterflies and dragonflies.

But I do have one bird photo for you! Some of you may recall my escapades with taxidermy earlier this year. Well silence on that subject doesn't mean I have given up. In fact I'm now doing taxidermy for the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum). My most recent taxidermy for them was a Swainson's Thrush. Here are 3 photos from start to end:




All bundled up and ready to be stored away with the thousands of other birds at the ROM.


Some of the recent dragonflies I've been seeing:

Dot tailed Whiteface:

Black Saddlebags:


And this young frog was one of many at a small pond:

Common Ringlet:

Twelve-spotted Skimmer:

Check out this blog about Spoon-billed Sandpipers: