Sunday 8 May 2011

Pelee birdin'

It just gets better day after day!
I'm seeing lots of great birds like Kirtland's Warbler and Yellow-throated Warbler and am having a lot of fun. But it is a little annoying when you hear about Swainson's Hawk, Black Vulture, Henslow's Sparrow and Kentucky Warbler but I might see some of those yet! And maybe even something else better...

I'm enjoying the hikes too. It's really rewarding when the whole groups gets to see a Yellow-breasted Chat or Prothonotary Warbler and even a Kirtland's Warbler for one group!

Today I searched for a Kentucky Warbler and came up empty handed but I did see a Canada Warbler:

And this Ruby-throated Hummingbird:


A big mob of people were surrounding the Kirtland's Warbler the other day but I didn't manage to get a photo of the bird, I'm sure many others did though:


And back home in Newfoundland my dog added a new bird to my bedroom list, baby chickens!

My father got 5 chickens and is raising them in my room before putting them outside in the hen house!